I have a blush problem. Actually, I have a face problem- as in, I only have one set of cheeks. I can’t wear the million blushes I own all at once, but I seem to keep collecting them anyway. I do love a gorgeous blush, and choosing the right one each day is a small moment of joy. I’ve narrowed it down to my faves, and these are the ones I reach for the most.
1. Frat Boy by the Balm. Leans orange in the pan, but is the perfect peachy-pink. This is by far the best everyday blush- regardless of what you’ve done with the rest of your makeup. I reach for it the most and I’m always happy with how it looks.
2. Down Boy by the Balm. There is a reason the Balm made the list twice. The quality is amazing. Down Boy is purpley-pink in the pan. I ordered it online, and when it arrived and I opened it, my first thought was “oh no. No way. Way too purple”, but as I’ve since learned, this blush is the perfect blush for a pink flush. It reads baby pink on my skin. I love it.
3. Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop. These were all the rage in early 2014, and I only recently bought one. This is the perfect blush for statement cheeks. Vibrant and fun, I reach for this when I don’t want to put a lot of time in an eye look, or going minimal on an eye look. I feel sassy when I wear it, and that’s reason enough to keep reaching for it.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. This is bit of a cheat because it’s three-for-one. These are the blushes I go for when I’m indecisive and want something I’m happy with. Each one has a beautiful finish (of course) and the middle shade Incandescent Electra is the one I use the most.
5. NARS Blush in Amour. This looks red in the pan. Brick red. But it’s described as ‘peachy pink’. It’s a deep peachy pink. I tend to use this a lot in colder weather when my cheeks are red from wind and cold, and I want my blush to compliment. Sounds weird, but it’s a natural flush and can get very very very dark if you don’t start light handed.
6. City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon. This full-sized blush came in an Ipsy box. I took one look at it and said NO WAY. Waaaayyyy to coral for me. But turns out that I freaking love this blush and I can’t live without it. So fresh looking (as the title implies, I suppose). I cannot believe the quality of this blush and the price point is to die for. Get one. Get them all. I can’t live without this blush.