1. Knitting. I took a knitting class last year when I found out my sister was having a baby. I had dreams of knitting all the cute things in the world, but it turns out that I’ve not knitted one baby related item at all. I enjoy it, so I’m taking that enjoyment and forcing it’s output onto the people I love in the form of homemade gifts. I knitted this scarf for my mother-in-law, and I’m knitting this hat for my sister-in-law. My grandma is home from Florida for the Christmas season, so she’s next on my list. Hope they like them. They don’t get a choice in the matter. 🙂
2. The Vampire Diaries. Seriously, I love it. And it feels back to its old self this season. It’s equal parts soap-opera-y, actiony, dramatic, and fun. While a lot of shows are starting winter hiatuses (is that a word?), it’s still airing, so I’m happy.
3. This lipstick. It’s my perfect red. Every time I put it on I feel like a boss. Enough said.
4. This song. It’s what my sister and I think we sound like when we sing (spoiler alert- we sound nothing like this). It’s beautiful. I’ve listened 100 times. Maybe more.
5. This book. Joanne Chang is the master of all things sweet. Flour is a book I go back to over and over again, and with the holidays right around the corner, it’s my go-to for cookies, and other special treats for pitch-ins and giveaways. The best part of this book is the detailed instructions. She says helpful things like “if it looks terrible halfway through, you are doing it right.” All the things you need when learning to make bread or pastry from scratch. If you like to bake, at all, pick this book up ASAP.