It’s been a while since I’ve shared by current obsessions, mostly because I’m still obsessed with all the things I listed in my last post. I’ve had a few new things hit my radar, and I can’t seem to get enough.
1. Dystopian YA Novel on Twitter (@DystopianYA). This account is hilarious. If you read YA at all, you’ll immediately recognize what’s happening with this account. I’m obsessed, and hope more people follow.
2. Great British Baking Show (aka Bake Off). I know. I know. It was listed in my last obsessions post, but the finale aired on Sunday, and I laughed and I cried. I crave more episodes! Why do UK shows do such a better job of casting real, likable people who don’t cater to infuriating stereotypes (the diva, the muscle-head, the rich out-of-touch snob, etc). We LOVE to cast these roles in every reality show we air in the US. I wish we’d have more of these realistic castings. No drama. Each week someone still leaves the show, and eventually a winner is crowned, but there’s no bitching, no backstabbing, no bickering. I love the sincerity and the focus on the challenge. Can you tell??
3. The Original Sinners Series (starting with The Siren). Warning- this book series is HOTTTTTTT. I don’t even remember where I was initially introduced to it, but I read it thinking I would have a quick, trashy, no-fuss read, but I got hooked and kept reading the next book, then the next one. As the series continues, the character development is crazy good. It’s also incredibly empowering for women and sexuality. A main female protagonist who makes no apologies for her life? Love it.
4. Caroline Hirons. If you haven’t seen her name all over this blog, then you haven’t been paying attention. She’s the queen of skincare, and she’s changed my skin for the better. I can’t even believe how terribly I treated my skin in the years it mattered most, and now I’m working hard to undo what amounts to ignorance in my teens. If you see a Tata Harper product somewhere on this blog, it’s because she’s recommended it. I’ve been using two of their products, and my skin gets better and better everyday. I ACTUALLY PUT OIL ON MY FACE. On my acne-prone skin. And it’s clearer than ever. Seriously, you want great skin, read her cheat sheets. Now all I need is a bit of Sunday Riley in my life and I’ll be complete.
5. Gabifresh. I want to be her. That is all.